lycra clothing, activewear, workout, sportswear
LYCRA is a man-made elastane fiber. Never used alone, but always blended with other fibers, it has unique stretch and recovery properties. LYCRA fiber adds comfort, fit, shape retention, durability and freedom of movement. This is achieved thanks to the unique properties of the fiber, which can be stretched up to seven times its initial length before springing back to the original position once tension is released.
- Garments with LYCRA fabrics and fibers are increasingly preferred to those with generic stretch fibers
- Consumers today own more LYCRA branded products designed for more applications than ever before
- More consumers are actively looking for the LYCRA® brand label on garments
- And, more consumers than ever agree it is worth paying more to get the LYCRA brand
- The appeal is broadening to men; new categories (especially Ready To Wear); new geographies
Positive functional and emotional associations: comfort, quality, stylish, modern, fun.
Any natural or man-made fibers can be mixed with LYCRA fiber. Very small amounts of LYCRA can transform the performance of a fabric – the amount of LYCRA fiber in a material can be as little as 2%. There are various ways of integrating LYCRA with other fibers to provide fabrics for all needs.
Posted on May 19, 2008, in Woman's fashion tips, Women's Wear and tagged fashion clothing, gym clothes with lycra, lycra bras, lycra for yoga, lycra gym wear, lycra workout wear, quality lycra clothing, workout clothes with lycra. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.